Welcome to ECR College of Nursing
ECR College of nursing was started in 2003. The college offers B.Sc. (Nursing) which is a four year programme and three year General Nursing programme. This College is under ECR Trust (Reformation through Education and Charity) opens door to immense opportunities globally in the health care industry which is of great demand. Nurses graduating thus get placed globally in all the countries abroad. At ECR we passionately groom professional nurses for tomorrow that provide holistic care to the society at all levels. The college is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is recognized by both the Karnataka Nurses and Midwives Council and the Indian Nursing Council.
Graduates are trained and professionally equipped to deliver quality nursing care to individuals, families and groups not only through institutions but also in homes and communities independently. These professional nurses also have the knowledge, B.Sc Nursing course is broadly based on education within an academic framework specially directed to the development of critical thinking skills, competence and standards required for the practice of professional nursing and midwifery as envisaged in National Health Policy, 2002. Since, it involves nursing of the wounded or ill, a lot of sectors require these graduates hence increasing its demand which is only expected to increase in the future as well, capacity and encouragement to participate actively in nursing administration and teaching.
Note: Revised Ordinance Governing Regulations and Curriculum of Basic B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course – 2006 (as per Indian Nursing Council Guidelines of 2004, vide letter from the Secretary, INC, No. 12-1/2004-INC dated 07.05.2005)
Faculty of Nursing believes that
- The basic course in nursing is a formal educational preparation which should be based on sound educational principles as the foundation on which the practice of nursing is built, and on which further education depends.
- Nursing is a profession, which is influenced by advances in services and technology. So, nurses need to evaluate the curriculum periodically and make the required changes, both in theory and practice.
- The nature of nursing is such that a substantial portion of the student’s learning is acquired in the clinical area with the provision of appropriate clinical facilities and clinical guidance with Periodical evaluation.
- Persons drawn to nursing have concern for others’ welfare, a belief in personal efficiency and a desire to actively engage in life activities.
- Professional and non-professional personnel who are organized into self-directed team work can best provide high quality of nursing care.
- When jobs for nursing personnel are designed, the leader needs to ensure employees autonomy, quality patient care, patient satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and self actualization.
- Nursing leader has a responsibility in helping the student develop pride in the profession and in guiding her/him with respect to the future in nursing by demonstrating a high standard of professional behavior.
- Prepare graduates to teach and supervise in the appropriate nursing and health care settings and participate in the administration of nursing service and education.
- Ensure that the nurse achieves an all round development so that he/she is able to meet the needs of the individual, family, community, and society, thus making him/her an asset to society.
- Promote teaching and learning process in the classroom as well as in the clinical area through appropriate supervision and ongoing evaluation based on well defined criteria.
- Assist and co-ordinate with other members of the nursing team and the multi-disciplinary team in the prevention of diseases and promotion of health, in the hospital and community.
- Practice ethical values in personal and professional life through continuous guidance and counselling services, whenever necessary.
- Best Education
- Best Experience
- Best Environment
In order to prepare competent and caring, professional nurses possessing good character.
- Quality Service
- Quality Teaching
- Professional Development
- Research for a bright future through education
To be a centre for excellence in education, research and service that enhances the health and well-being of the society.
OUR EXPERT TEACHERS
Our teachers have deeper representations about teaching and learning. They adopt a problem-solving stance to their work. They can anticipate, plan, and improvise as required by the situation and are better decision-makers and can identify what decisions are important and which are less important decisions.